Yo even though I’m a girl and Chinese, I need to speak up. It’s fine to talk and discuss about social issues, but if that’s all your partner would talk about, and if your partner keeps telling you that you can’t have an opinion, fucking break up with them.
Seriously, why are people cheering for the partner mentioned? She literally told him he did not have an opinion. She told him to never say a word of disagreement to him, just because of his gender and race. That’s emotional abuse. Good. Break up with her. You don’t need her.
You’re all disgusting people if you think that the partner was right to act like a total douche to him.
See, the funny thing about commenters like you is that you think you’re smart and have moral high ground but you’re either intellectually dishonest or so fucking daft that you just don’t get it. It’s like you’re missing the joke but you think you’re all the better for it. It’s very fucking obvious to anyone who…has been around people who are dumped/is familiar with anti-SJs/is familiar with the festering wound that is Tumblr in Action/is not 5 years old that his retelling of events is biased, whiny, immature, and inaccurate. Literally everything about this is funny, but if you really don’t get it…I’ll explain it to you like you’re 5, and this will hopefully be the last reply I make to this effect.
1) Chances are, she didn’t only want to talk about social issues. Members of dominant groups simply feel put upon when they have to discuss social issues at all, particularly when they/we are not able to resort to their/our usual monopolization of the conversation or bullying and silencing tactics. People don’t like feeling guilty.
2) He used the phrase “SJW.” There is literally no way you are anything but a giant baby when you use that phrase unironically. No human being with a rich and full intellectual or emotional life has ever uttered such a phrase seriously.
3) No one ever says “You’re white and male so you can’t have an opinion.” That’s a huge tipoff right there that he’s an unreliable narrator. If you don’t know that it’s a lot more nuanced than that, then well, I don’t know if you can be helped. I hope you pick up some books or do something other than smelling your own farts and going on reddit. Godspeed.
4) The Elliott Rodger shooting was very fucking political. He killed more men than women only due to the fortuity that his plan was not fully realized. His agenda was outlined in a manifesto of over 130 pages, and includes lines such as ”women should not have the right to choose who to mate and breed with” and “women themselves would have to be abolished.” Literally everything about his manifesto was a transparent revelation of his entitlement, his virulent misogynistic and white supremacist views. If you can’t recognize this, you are probably too far gone for the whole “picking up a book” thing I recommended.
5) Others have brought this up in the notes, but how convenient that he can say that she hated him because he was male and white (which like, wouldn’t be oppressive in the first place, so uh…who cares) instead of the likely reality that he was sexist and racist. That’s probably why she broke up with him.
6) He wrote some line about how she used to take care of him and love him. Grow the fuck up dude, she’s not your mom. He feels entitled to being in a relationship with her, which is immature at best and abusive at worst. People grow out of each other, people grow up, and adults move the fuck on. They don’t whine on reddit.
7) He’s on a fucking subreddit that is a meta Tumblr In Action subreddit. I mean, come the fuck on. What isn’t funny about that. He’s complaining on reddit, on a subreddit dedicated to discussion of a subreddit dedicated to mocking and dehumanizing people about how he felt put upon by dating someone. He’s complaining about his relationship issues and life problems on a subreddit. A subreddit that is not in fact, /r/relationships.
8) The people complaining about me making this post are actually either a) entirely unaware of what Tumblr in Action is (a horrible place that does far worse than post Mariah Carey gifs on posts from PEOPLE’S PERSONAL BLOGS) and/or b) branding me as a straw feminist or SJW, and thus hypocritical to judge people, or going against my own views. When like, I don’t identify as a social justice blogger, I’m not a liberal, I’m not looking for equality, and making fun of people is a hobby of mine; this was delicious - there is nothing more piquant than a whiny redditor saying his SJW ex broke his heart. It’s not your personal blog, dude. Also, like, was reddit really the best place to let this out? No friends to talk to?
This was perfection. This is entirely in line with my character and ideology.
tl;dr for fuck’s sake you stupid, whiny, hypocritical tumblr UwU babies, there’s a reason this post has thousands of notes that are mostly laughing at this fuckboy
Hello! Recently, I was surprised by the amount of people who come into our askbox asking about how to start a QPP with someone. Usually, the answer is “I don’t know! It depends on the person.” But this might help those of you that are shy and are not sure where to start. It can also serve as an ice-breaker.
I tried to be as broad as possible on a tiny sheet on paper. Feel free to edit it, make changes, etc. :) I have a higher-res PNG version if you need it. Just contact me! (chekhovandowl)
this is cute and i love it!
Fine, detailed and subtle animated artwork created by New York illustrator Rebecca Mock. Apparently the animated gif back to stay, gradually more and more people are exploring this old format and customers asking for shouting. Several of these illustrations were created for the New York Times or The Warlus magazine.